Friday, June 13, 2014

Lost words

It's hard to believe that it took me 4 yrs to write back in my blog. I was avoiding myself and I made sure that I was away from my art work. But I am back writing in this blog! Firstly, I would like to thank my three teachers (Mr. Saifur, Mr. Nadir Shahriar, Mr. Shahidul Mamun)  who inspired me, and lastly my student and her mom ( Tasfiah Rahman and Mrs. Salina Rahman ) who encouraged me.

We all have our favorite Disney Characters and we even dream to have happy ending like them in our real world. Today, I have decided to write about a Disney movie and its characters which lately grabbed my attention. I hope this piece of writing helps my students and others. 

In a conventional fairy tail, the happily ever after scenes end with two lovers’ kiss. The film “Frozen” (2013) has presented the devotion and sacrifice of two sisters as the act of true love. Any character in a movie plays a vital role. Audiences’ attentions and all sorts of emotions are captured by the characters in the movie. Each person has to adopt a significant route in life. Anna, one of the protagonists in the movie “Frozen”, is a strong example of the reality that life can take reverse detour. All the other characters in the movie performed exceptionally well but I am amazed by the character “Anna”. In the entire movie I found her with variation in her individuality.

Anna’s only friend was her elder sisters, Elsa. When they were children, they enjoyed playing and making snowman. Elsa kept her away to protect her from her magical powers, but Anna was unknown to this. In the beginning of the movie it was clear that she was desperately seeking for her sister’s love even though she shut her out. Unlike usual princess, Anna is not very graceful nor does she inherit superpowers like Elsa. On the Coronation Day, her character takes a full turn. She claims herself as ordinary but she can do anything to bring her sister back to the kingdom. She was keen to stand by her and stand up for what was right. Before going on a perilous journey, she said “She didn’t mean any of this. Tonight was my fault. I pushed her. I’m the one who needs to go after her. Elsa is not dangerous. I will bring her back and make this right.” (Vecho, 2013)

On the way to retrieve Elsa, she gets help from an underemployed ice salesman, Kristoff. She was heavy criticized by him as she was overly optimistic, impulsive and naive; she easily trusted strangers. While they were struggling with the wolves, he refused to take her help. He said, “No, I don’t trust your judgments. Who marries a man she just met?” (Vecho, 2013) Later she proved herself as more courageous than elegant. The way she believes that her sister is not a monster and her faith to save her kingdom and her sister is truly inspirational.

Apart from all the descriptions which show her attempt to be a good sister and caring person, the transformed character of Anna shows her attempt to trust Hans brought her own doom. The only flaw in her character is that she instantly fell in love with Hans and believed he was her true love. She had a low viewpoint on herself, when she concluded “I am completely ordinary” and “it’s just me” (Vecho, 2013). The climax of the movie significantly moved me, where Anna sacrifices her life and uses love as her secret weapon. Anna saves Elsa from Hans’ sword, even though she knew she would certainly lose her life.

Anna’s character shows us that life does take unpredictable detour. On the whole, it seems that Anna has turned out to be a diverse character despite her flaw. The ending touched my heart; it was not the usual fairy tail’s ending. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger

Followers